Bison Rib Eye Steaks
by Gerard C. Campione C.E.C., BisonFest Chef
- 4 (8-oz.) Bison Rib Eye Steaks
- 8 oz. Cabernet Sauvignon wine 2 oz. celery, diced
- 4 oz. white onions, diced 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 oz. carrot, diced 1 T. cracked black pepper
- 1 med. shallot, diced 3 oz. molasses
- 2 oz. beer 1 oz. Dijon mustard
- 10 oz. Bison demi-glace
- 1 c. fresh kernel corn, steamed for 2 min. 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 egg 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1/2 c. heavy cream 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 T. fresh rosemary, chopped 3 T. sugar
- 1/2 T. kosher salt 1 1/4 c. corn bread
- 1/8 T. black pepper
Marinade: Combine all ingredients in marinade and pour over steaks. Marinade 1 hour before grilling.
Molasses Gravy: Cook shallots and beer till shallots are tender. Add demi-glace, molasses and mustard. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Serve over steaks.
Corn Pudding: Steam corn for 3 minutes. Cut the kernels from the cob. Combine with all pudding ingredients. Pour into a small casserole dish. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes. Serve warm with Bison steaks. Serves 4.
Sayersbrook Buffalo Meat |
Buffalo Steaks |
Buffalo Burgers |
Exotic Meats |
Mail Order Steaks